Ophir Tanz is the Founder and CEO of Pearl, a software suite that uses artificial intelligence to grow and improve your practice. He is the former Founder and CEO of GumGum, a leading global computer vision company that grew to hundreds of millions in revenue. Before launching GumGum, he was the CEO of Mojungle.com and Co-Founder of Fluidesign, an interactive branding and marketing agency.
Ophir is also a master woodworker with aspirations to make time for this passion in between co-founding innovative companies. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and a Master’s Degree in Information Systems from Carnegie Mellon University.
Here's a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Ophir's talks about the impacts of COVID-19 on dental and orthodontic practices
- Pearl and the use of artificial intelligence (AI) and computer visions
- Why Ophir chose to combine AI and dentistry
- The types of practices that can adopt Pearl's technology and why dentistry may not be replaced by robots in the new future
- Ophir's experience studying at Carnegie Mellon University
- Ophir explains how AI vision helps labs
- Common challenges and misconceptions dentists have about Pearl's technology
- Ophir's business superpower, how he likes to read his books, and his book recommendations
- Ophir talks about his woodworking passion
- Where to learn more about Pearl and how to get in touch with Ophir Tanz
In this episode...
Artificial intelligence and computer vision have many benefits in today's world, helping people, companies, and governments make better decisions. In the dentistry and orthodontic fields, they help practitioners provide better treatment to their patients. But, what are these technologies?
Computer vision is about teaching machines to see in much the same way that humans do. This often involves feeding large sets of highly curated training data to machine learning algorithms so that they can learn the patterns and recognize what's happening in any given form of imagery or video.
Craig Weiss and Blair Feldman, co-hosts of the In Your Face Podcast, are joined by Ophir Tanz, the Founder and CEO of Pearl, to talk about how artificial intelligence and computer vision can help dental and orthodontic practices. Ophir also explains what computer vision means, the application of artificial intelligence in dentistry and labs, and the practices that can adopt Pearl’s strategies.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Retainer Club
- Mouthguard Club
- Ophir Tanz on LinkedIn
- Dr. Kyle Stanley on LinkedIn
- The Lessons of History by Will Durant
- Mythos: The Greek Myths Retold by Stephen Fry
- The Will to Meaning: Foundations and Applications of Logotherapy by Viktor E. Frankl
- Micromegas by Voltaire
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Oregon Trail: A New American Journey by Rinker Buck
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by Mouthguard Club and Retainer Club. Both services help drive new patients, reactivations, and referrals to your orthodontic office. Mouthguard club provides personalized custom mouthguards that are perfectly fitted to your teeth. You can fully customize the design and even put your team logo on it.
Retainer Club is the easiest way for orthodontists to provide their patients with perfectly fitting retainers at a great price, while also sending you a steady stream of new patients in your office who are actively interested in getting treatment. Over 1000 patients already love Retainer Club and it's easy to use online services to regularly order and replace the retainers without the need to bother their offices.
Orthodontists love Retainer Club because they feel confident that the smiles they created are being maintained for life and that their long term fans continue to refer new patients to their offices. To learn more about becoming a Retainer Club partner and to bring in more patients go to https://retainerclub.com/partner.