How to Build an Honest and Loyal Team with Craig Weiss
Craig Weiss is the Co-Founder and CEO of Retainer Club and Mouthguard Club, subscription healthcare businesses that manufacture 3-D printed custom retainers, mouth guards, and night guards. He is also the Founder and CEO of Aladdin Dreamer, a company that helps users improve their sleep health with its cutting-edge lucid dream simulation software and hardware.
Craig is the former President and CEO of NJOY Inc., where he helped generate over $150 million in revenue, raised $200 million in equity financing, and increased the company's valuation from $10 million to over a billion dollars in 2014. He is also the Co-Author of the book I Am My Brother's Keeper with his brother Jeffrey Weiss. Craig holds a degree in Law from Arizona State University and a degree in Philosophy from the University of Pennsylvania.
Here's a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Craig Weiss talks about the COVID-19 vaccine, life after the pandemic, and his advice for startup companies
- Craig explains why he co-wrote the book, I Am My Brother's Keeper
- The strategies Craig uses to build great teams for his companies
- How a leader can know if they are creating an honest company culture
- Why Craig hires people who are motivated and driven
- How Retainer Club and Mouthguard Club came about
- Craig talks about Aladdin Dreamer and the challenges he has faced growing the company
- Craig's favorite book and what he is looking forward to in 2021
In this episode...
To grow any type of practice or business, an entrepreneur must take the time to find the right people to hire. Hiring should never be just about filling a vacant post: it should be about finding people who are qualified, honest, loyal, and ethical.
Craig Weiss strongly believes in hiring people who are smarter than him. He also believes that honesty is more important than loyalty when dealing with employees, and given a choice between the two, would rather hire someone who tells him the truth.
On this episode of the In Your Face Podcast, Craig Weiss shares an interview he did on The Performance Enhancer Podcast where he talked to Dr. Ruchir Sehra about his strategies for building an honest and loyal team. Craig also shares the history of the Retainer Club with Dr. Sehra, why he co-authored the book I Am My Brother's Keeper, and explains why he believes Aladdin Dreamer has a great future.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Retainer Club
- Mouthguard Club
- Craig Weiss on LinkedIn
- Aladdin Dreamer
- I Am My Brother's Keeper: American Volunteers in Israel's War for Independence 1947-1949 (Schiffer Military History) by Craig Weiss and Jeffrey Weiss
- John Corcoran on LinkedIn
- The Performance Enhancer Podcast
- Dr. Ruchir Sehra on LinkedIn
- Dr. Blair Feldman on LinkedIn
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by Mouthguard Club and Retainer Club. Both services help drive new patients, reactivations, and referrals to your orthodontic office. Mouthguard club provides personalized custom mouthguards that are perfectly fitted to your teeth. You can fully customize the design and even put your team logo on it.
Retainer Club is the easiest way for orthodontists to provide their patients with perfectly fitting retainers at a great price, while also sending you a steady stream of new patients in your office who are actively interested in getting treatment. Over 1000 patients already love Retainer Club and it's easy to use online services to regularly order and replace the retainers without the need to bother their offices.
Orthodontists love Retainer Club because they feel confident that the smiles they created are being maintained for life and that their long term fans continue to refer new patients to their offices. To learn more about becoming a Retainer Club partner and to bring in more patients go to https://retainerclub.com/partner.