Dr. Lynn Hurst is the Co-Founder and Chief Dental Officer for Candid. Since graduating from dental school at the University of Texas and completing his orthodontic residency at the University of Oklahoma, Dr. Hurst has become one of the national leaders in clear aligner therapy and cutting edge orthodontic innovation. He has an extensive background in academia as the Founding Dean of Roseman University's College of Dental Medicine and the Associate Dean for Advanced Dental Education at the UNLV School of Dental Medicine. For over 20 years, Dr. Hurst has successfully treated 20,000 patients with clear aligners.
In 2017, Dr. Hurst joined a group of tech industry leaders to co-found Candid and bring affordable, convenient, and results-oriented orthodontic care to people everywhere. Since launching, Candid has continued to stand on the leading edge of technology and clinical innovation with Dr. Hurst at the helm by creating a patent-pending clear aligner prescription, building a state-of-the-art manufacturing dental lab, and incorporating remote monitoring to provide a best in class patient experience.
Here's a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dr. Lynn Hurst's background and how Candid got started
- The diagnostic records available through Candid, the work done by orthodontists, and Candid's treatment plan
- Candid Pro, how it works, and how it helps improve case results
- How Dr. Hurst's passion for business has guided his approach to orthodontic care
- What orthodontists struggle with when it comes to business and how an MBA could help
- Dr. Hurst's thoughts on how COVID-19 has changed orthodontics and Candid’s role in the new normal
- Dr. Hurst talks about his company's business superpower, how he likes to read his books, and his book recommendations
- What Dr. Hurst is passionate about and what he is most looking forward to
- Where to learn more and get in touch with Dr. Lynn Hurst
In this episode...
Technological advancements in recent years have led to the growth of teledentistry and DIY treatment plans. For people seeking orthodontic care regularly, having a convenient option available can come in handy because they can schedule remote appointments with their orthodontists and receive the same quality care they've always had.
Candid works with orthodontists to help them provide better orthodontic care to patients through aligner therapy and remote monitoring. Candid also helps orthodontists get proper diagnostic records so they can provide better treatment plans for their patients. It’s a win-win.
Craig Weiss and Blair Feldman, Co-Hosts of the In Your Face Podcast, are joined by Dr. Lynn Hurst, Co-Founder of Candid, to talk about how Candid works with orthodontists to help provide better services to patients. They also talk about how orthodontists have been impacted by COVID-19 and how they can integrate Candid Pro into their practices.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Retainer Club
- Mouthguard Club
- Dr. Lynn Hurst on LinkedIn
- Dr. Lynn Hurst's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Lynn Hurst's phone number: 702-738-5334
- Roseman University Health Sciences
- Exponential Organizations: Why new organizations are ten times better, faster, and cheaper than yours (and what to do about it) by Salim Ismail
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by Mouthguard Club and Retainer Club. Both services help drive new patients, reactivations, and referrals to your orthodontic office. Mouthguard club provides personalized custom mouthguards that are perfectly fitted to your teeth. You can fully customize the design and even put your team logo on it.
Retainer Club is the easiest way for orthodontists to provide their patients with perfectly fitting retainers at a great price, while also sending you a steady stream of new patients in your office who are actively interested in getting treatment. Over 1000 patients already love Retainer Club and it's easy to use online services to regularly order and replace the retainers without the need to bother their offices.
Orthodontists love Retainer Club because they feel confident that the smiles they created are being maintained for life and that their long term fans continue to refer new patients to their offices. To learn more about becoming a Retainer Club partner and to bring in more patients go to https://retainerclub.com/partner.