Ken Kaufman is the CFO of Community Dental Partners, a dental support organization made up of both dental and business professionals to create solutions for today’s modern dentists. He is also the former President and CFO of Aribex, the manufacturer of the NOMAD line of handheld x-ray imaging products.
Ken is a podcaster and sought after speaker for dental industry events with an aim to help as many budding dentist entrepreneurs as he can. He holds an MBA in Entrepreneurship and Finance and has been married for 22 years with eight kids.
Here's a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How having a large family has affected Ken's perspective of the business world
- How COVID-19 has impacted Community Dental Partners and its practices in Texas
- What Ken has learned about the dental business over the years and what he is doing differently today
- Why Ken started the Net Worth Hacks Podcast, his interest in personal finance, and Craig's thoughts on the 3 main failures in the country's education system
- How Ken ended up working in the dental industry
- What makes Community Dental Partners different from other DSOs and how they make their practices fun in the current health crisis
- The main misconception dentists and orthodontists have about Community Dental Partners and the concept of DSOs
- Ken talks about his business superpower and what he is most looking forward to personally and professionally
- How Ken likes to read his books, his book recommendations, and his passions outside of work
- Where to learn more about Community Dental Partners and Ken Kaufman
In this episode...
Being in the service business industry, dentistry is all about capturing the hearts and minds of patients, staff, and clinicians. To be successful, dental practices need to be intentional with their culture and communication. This, according to Ken Kaufman, helps the staff and clinicians work in alignment, which allows the practice to attract the right patients to fit into that culture.
Ken Kaufman knows that both doctors and patients are critical elements in building a successful dental practice. His finance background gives him an added expertise when helping dentists and orthodontists better manage their dental practices.
In this week's episode of In Your Face Podcast, Craig Weiss talks to Ken Kaufman, the CFO of Community Dental Partners, about managing finances, DSOs, and making dental practices interesting and fun. They share how COVID-19 has impacted the dental industry, the importance of practices having a culture and investing in its people, and Ken's passion for personal finance.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Retainer Club
- Mouthguard Club
- Community Dental Partners
- Ken Kaufman's website
- Ken Kaufman on LinkedIn
- The Net Worth Hacks Podcast
- Emmet Scott, CEO of Community Dental Partners
- The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- Smart Couples Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Creating a Rich Future for You and Your Partner by David Bach
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by Mouthguard Club and Retainer Club. Both services help drive new patients, reactivations, and referrals to your orthodontic office. Mouthguard club provides personalized custom mouthguards that are perfectly fitted to your teeth. You can fully customize the design and even put your team logo on it.
Retainer Club is the easiest way for orthodontists to provide their patients with perfectly fitting retainers at a great price, while also sending you a steady stream of new patients in your office who are actively interested in getting treatment. Over 1000 patients already love Retainer Club and it's easy to use online services to regularly order and replace the retainers without the need to bother their offices.
Orthodontists love Retainer Club because they feel confident that the smiles they created are being maintained for life and that their long term fans continue to refer new patients to their offices. To learn more about becoming a Retainer Club partner and to bring in more patients go to https://retainerclub.com/partner.