Dr. Chris Cetta is a board-certified orthodontist practicing with Blue Wave Orthodontics in Florida. He received his undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University in North Carolina and graduated from Rutgers School of Dental Medicine in New Jersey. Prior to specializing in orthodontics at Jacksonville University in Florida, Dr. Cetta was a practicing general and cosmetic dentist for several years.
Dr. Chris Cetta is the co-inventor of Precision Aligner Buttons™ by DynaFlex. He is also the host of the Illuminate Orthodontic podcast which focuses on innovators and inventors in the profession. He also plays bass guitar for two rock bands, including the all-orthodontist group Relapse.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
• How the COVID-19 crisis is affecting Dr. Cetta and its impact on the dental and orthodontic industry
• Dr. Cetta talks about his Precision Aligner Button invention and why he decided to patent the product
• Dr. Cetta's transition being a practicing orthodontist to being an entrepreneur
• Dr. Cetta talks about his podcast, the segment of orthodontists he wants to represent, and the lineup of guests he has
• What most people don't know about the challenges on idea execution and entrepreneurship
• The biggest challenges Dr. Cetta had to overcome with the creation of Precision Aligner Buttons
• Lighting round with Dr. Cetta and how to get in touch with him
In this episode…
One common mistake many inventors make when they have a great idea is that they start making a product prototype without thinking through its execution and without considering whether to patent it or not. See, having a great idea is not good enough because an idea is only as good as the force that propels it to become a fruitful and realized endeavor.
After coming up with his idea for aligner buttons, Dr. Christopher Cetta knew he had a lot more to do and he continued to work hard into perfecting his invention. He not only got a patent for his product, he also took it to market and he worked on helping other orthodontists and inventors who were bound to go through the same process.
In this episode of In Your Face podcast, Craig Weiss and Blair Feldman talk to the inventor of the Precision Aligner Buttons, Dr. Chris Cetta, about how he created the product, the challenges he faced in the process, and why he decided to patent the product. He also talks about his podcast and the segment of orthodontist he wishes to represent and how the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to affect the orthodontic and dental industry. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
• The Retainer Club
• The Mouthguard Club
• Dr. Chris Cetta's email: email@example.com
• Dr. Chris Cetta on Facebook
• Dr. Chris Cetta on Instagram
• Dr. Chris Cetta on LinkedIn
• Blue Wave Orthodontics
• Precision Aligner Buttons
• Illuminate Orthodontic Podcast
• Illuminate Orthodontic Podcast on iTunes
• Ortho2 Meetup
• One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work by Stephen Key
• Smart Couples Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Creating a Rich Future for You and Your Partner by David Bach
• Dentofacial Esthetics: From Macro to Micro by David Sarver
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by The Mouthguard Club and The Retainer Club. Both services help drive new patients, reactivations, and referrals to your orthodontic office. The Mouthguard club provides personalized custom mouthguards that are perfectly fitted to your teeth. You can fully customize the design and even put your team logo on it.
The Retainer Club is the easiest way for orthodontists to provide their patients with perfectly fitting retainers at a great price, while also sending you a steady stream of new patients in your office who are actively interested in getting treatment. Over 1000 patients already love the Retainer Club and use it's easy to use online services to regularly order and replace the retainers without the need to bother their offices.
Orthodontists love Retainer Club because they feel confident that the smiles they created are being maintained for life and that their long term fans continue to refer new patients to their offices. To learn more about becoming a Retainer Club partner and to bring in more patients go to https://retainerclub.com/partner.