Dr. Barry Glaser is the CEO of Aligner Insider. He is an orthodontist, lecturer, podcaster, private practice owner, author and former associate director of orthodontics at Montefiore Medical Center. He is the owner of Glaser Orthodontics and currently practices in Cortlandt Manor, New York with over 70% of his patients in invisalign.
Dr. Glaser received a B.A. in Psychology from Binghamton University in 1984, and was awarded his Dental Degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in 1988. He completed a one-year hospital residency at Englewood Hospital in 1989, and went on to earn his Specialty Certification in Orthodontics from Boston University School of Graduate Dentistry in 1992.
Here's a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Dr. Barry Glaser has been handling the current health crisis and his concerns about going back to practice
- How using dental monitoring has helped Dr. Barry's practice
- Dr. Glaser explains what 'the psychology of compliance' means
- Why people don't like being told what to do and why it’s important to understand patient needs
- How Blair's experience with his financial planner helped him improve his practice and patient care
- Tips on how to communicate well with patients and avoiding chances of them not being upfront with their condition
- Why orthodontists tend to have great relationships with their patients
- Dr. Glaser shares why loves to teach, he manages his different roles, and what can be learned from his book and his online course on invisalign
- Why versatility is Dr. Glaser’s superpower and how the pandemic has made him realize the importance of work/life balance
In this episode...
Despite the fact that the current health crisis has affected many people all over the world, it is evident that not everyone has been following the guidelines prescribed for preventing infections. Things are starting to go back to normal in many places and many people have been non-compliant when it comes to wearing a mask.
The same case applies to patients who visit orthodontic practices. They may lie to their dental practitioners about complying with the care they need to do at home post-treatment, which poses a problem for the patients themselves and for their orthodontist. So how can orthodontists help such kinds of patients?
Dr. Barry Glaser joins Dr. Blair Feldman in this week's episode of the In Your Face Podcast to talk about the psychology of compliance. Dr. Glaser explains what the phrase means, how using dental monitoring has impacted his practice, his best strategies for communicating with patients to prevent them from lying, and how he manages his different roles. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- The Retainer Club
- Glaser Orthodontics
- Dr. Barry Glaser on LinkedIn
- Dr. Barry Glaser's email: email@example.com
- Aligner Insider
- Aligner Insider Podcast
- AlignerInsider: Clinical Chat Facebook Group
- Your Ortho Coach
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Insider's Guide to Invisalign Treatment: A step-by-step guide to assist you with your ClinCheck treatment plans
- New York State Dental Association
- Dental Monitoring
- Band of Brothers
- RX EOB
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferrris
- The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferris
- Gary Brigham
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcom Gladwell
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by The Mouthguard Club and The Retainer Club. Both services help drive new patients, reactivations, and referrals to your orthodontic office. The Mouthguard club provides personalized custom mouthguards that are perfectly fitted to your teeth. You can fully customize the design and even put your team logo on it.
The Retainer Club is the easiest way for orthodontists to provide their patients with perfectly fitting retainers at a great price, while also sending you a steady stream of new patients in your office who are actively interested in getting treatment. Over 1000 patients already love the Retainer Club and it's easy to use online services to regularly order and replace the retainers without the need to bother their offices.
Orthodontists love Retainer Club because they feel confident that the smiles they created are being maintained for life and that their long term fans continue to refer new patients to their offices. To learn more about becoming a Retainer Club partner and to bring in more patients go to https://retainerclub.com/partner.