Dr. Greg White is a Founding Partner of White, Greer & Maggard Orthodontics, one of the largest privately-owned orthodontic practices in the country, with offices throughout the state of Kentucky. He obtained his DMD and MS degrees from the University of Kentucky and has been a private practice orthodontist and owner for over 25 years. His experience, coupled with his foresight into the growing impact of corporate dentistry, led him to take proactive action to protect his practice along with the practices of his colleagues.
In 2017, Dr. Greg White created PepperPointe Partnerships, where he served as CEO and Leader in protecting the heart and soul of doctor-owned practices through self consolidation and fighting against the myriad of disruptions threatening our industry. PepperPointe Partnerships currently serves and protects 20 practice brands consisting of 49 office locations.
Here's a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How the 2008 economic crash affected dental practices
- Why Dr. Greg White led the merger and consolidation of 20 practices in Kentucky to create 1 group practice
- Greg's background, where he learned his business expertise, and what drives his passion for his career
- Greg talks about the model he created and its future potential
- Greg's case against Dental Support Organizations (DSOs)
- What Craig Weiss loves about being an entrepreneur
- The type of practices in the consolidated group practice and what made the practitioners agree to join
- How Greg's model works when it comes to collaborating with other specialists and referrals
- The changes Greg has seen in the industry over the last 29 years and his advice to aspiring orthodontists
- Greg talks about his business superpower
- How Greg has instilled his work ethic and philosophy in his own kids
- How to get in touch with Dr. Greg White
In this episode...
During the stock market and housing crash of 2008, Dr. Greg White saw how severely dental practices were affected. Growth came to a halt and practices stopped hiring dental graduates out of school while just the opposite was happening with Dental Support Organizations, or DSOs. Instead, DSOs purchased the dental practices that were up for sale, hired new graduates, and continued to expand.
On August 02, 2019, Dr. Greg White started merging with other dental practices and consolidating back-office operations, including human resources, marketing, operations, and finance. As part of this process, Greg also made a point to build a protective wall that would prevent private-equity DSOs from entering the orthodontic and pediatric market. The results were quick, and in a 9 month period, the practice grew from 8 to 16 offices.
Dr. Greg White, Founding Partner of White, Greer & Maggard Orthodontics, joins Craig Weiss and Blair Feldman in this week's episode of In Your Face Podcast to talk about how he helps protect the future of orthodontists under a group practice. He explains why he doesn't like the model commonly used by DSOs, why he supports being your own boss, and why he believes his model works with orthodontic and pediatric practices.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- White, Greer & Maggard Orthodontists
- Dr. Greg White on LinkedIn
- Dr. Greg White's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PepperPointe Partnerships
- American Association of Orthodontics (AAO)
- Dental Support Organizations (DSOs)
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by Mouthguard Club and Retainer Club. Both services help drive new patients, reactivations, and referrals to your orthodontic office. Mouthguard club provides personalized custom mouthguards that are perfectly fitted to your teeth. You can fully customize the design and even put your team logo on it.
Retainer Club is the easiest way for orthodontists to provide their patients with perfectly fitting retainers at a great price, while also sending you a steady stream of new patients in your office who are actively interested in getting treatment. Over 1000 patients already love the Retainer Club and it's easy to use online services to regularly order and replace the retainers without the need to bother their offices.
Orthodontists love Retainer Club because they feel confident that the smiles they created are being maintained for life and that their long term fans continue to refer new patients to their offices. To learn more about becoming a Retainer Club partner and to bring in more patients go to https://retainerclub.com/partner.