Dr. Dustin Burleson is a speaker, teacher, author, and business strategist for over 3,000 orthodontists located across 32 countries. He writes and edits 5 newsletters monthly and is the Director of the Leo H. Rheam Foundation for Cleft and Craniofacial Orthodontics.
He also operates large multi-doctor, multi-clinic orthodontic and pediatric dental practices in Kansas City, Missouri. He's a champion of the private practitioner and has a long track record of helping orthodontists transform their practices and leave a strong legacy for their families, employees, communities, and the orthodontic profession. His marketing campaigns have generated over $425 million in revenue for his clients and privately held practices.
Dr. Burleson has worked extensively with the prestigious Disney Institute, Ritz Carlton Leadership Development Center, and the Institute of Coaching at Harvard Medical School. He has been invited to speak throughout the world and has shared the stage with celebrities, athletes, and business leaders who mirror his passion to help people live healthier, happier lives.
He's been featured on Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNBC, the Kansas City Star, Parents Magazine, and Family Fun. He is a 2 time Inc. 500 honoree, recognized for building one of the most successful orthodontic practices in North America. Dr. Burleson’s latest Amazon best-selling book, Smiles Change Lives: The Smart Orthodontist’s Guide to Building a Purpose-Driven Practice is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and wherever fine books are sold.
Here's a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- The importance of giving back and supporting the community
- Dr. Burleson talks about the Smiles Change Lives program and the number of cases donated in a year
- Why Blair Feldman decided to partner with the Smiles Change Lives program
- How the program helps orthodontics and their private practices
- Giving generously to one charity versus giving little to many charities
- How Dr. Burleson's book touches on the concepts of scarcity and capacity and why the book was written
- The impact Smiles Change Lives has had on Dr. Burleson's team
- How orthodontics can prepare their practices to join the Smiles Change Lives program
- Dr. Burleson talks about his business superpower, how he likes to read his books, and his current passion
In this episode...
A smile is something beautiful that every person is entitled to. For kids with less-than-perfect teeth, smiling can instead lead to teasing from other kids and an effect on their self-esteem. Not only that but not every parent can afford orthodontic treatment for their kids. In this perfect storm, affected kids may avoid smiling and often shy away from spending time with their friends.
To support these parents and their kids, the Smiles Change Lives program was started by Tom Brown and his mother Virginia Brown in 1997. Virginia grew up with these anxieties about her teeth, but after treatment positively impacted her life, she decided to pay it forward.
In this week's episode of the In Your Face Podcast podcast, co-hosts Craig Weiss and Blair Feldman are joined by Dr. Dustin Burleson to talk about the benefits of giving back a smile to a child. Dr. Burleson explains how the Smiles Change Lives program works, how they help orthodontics and their practices, and his reasons for writing a book by the same name.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Retainer Club
- Mouthguard Club
- Burleson Seminars
- Burleson Orthodontics
- Smiles Change Lives
- Smiles Change Lives: The Smart Orthodontist's Guide to Growing a Purpose-Driven Practice by Dr. Dustin Burleson and Thomas Brown
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- What's Your Problem?: To Solve Your Toughest Problems, Change the Problems You Solve by Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by Mouthguard Club and Retainer Club. Both services help drive new patients, reactivations, and referrals to your orthodontic office. Mouthguard club provides personalized custom mouthguards that are perfectly fitted to your teeth. You can fully customize the design and even put your team logo on it.
Retainer Club is the easiest way for orthodontists to provide their patients with perfectly fitting retainers at a great price, while also sending you a steady stream of new patients in your office who are actively interested in getting treatment. Over 1000 patients already love Retainer Club and it's easy to use online services to regularly order and replace the retainers without the need to bother their offices.
Orthodontists love Retainer Club because they feel confident that the smiles they created are being maintained for life and that their long term fans continue to refer new patients to their offices. To learn more about becoming a Retainer Club partner and to bring in more patients go to https://retainerclub.com/partner.