How To Manage Your Inventory with Mari Sawtelle Dunn, Founder of Mari’s List
Mari Sawtelle Dunn is the Founder of Mari's List, a place for orthodontists to learn more about how to manage their inventory. She founded it in 2012. Mari's List is also an orthodontic consultant company, a study club, and a buying group, which has grown mostly by member referrals to over 1800 orthodontist members in both the US and Canada. They currently have 120 partner vendors and offer exclusive group discounts that you can only get if you are a member.
Mari has worked as a lab technician, sales representative, and Director of Business Development for a large 12-doctor practice. She lives in beautiful Texas Hill Country with her pack of poodles and French Bulldogs.
In this episode…
Mari Sawtelle Dunn was once hired by an orthodontist to manage their inventory. In the course of her work, Mari realized that the practice, as well as other similar practices focused mostly on large purchases and everything else, was delegated to another person. She, therefore, saw a need to help these orthodontists learn much more efficient ways of managing their inventory that will allow them to save more money for use in other areas.
Mari found a solution by creating Mari’s List, which has served the Orthodontic community since 2012.
In this episode, co-hosts Craig Weiss & Blair Feldman are joined by Mari Sawtelle Dunn to talk about Mari’s List, the benefits of being a member of the group, and Mari's involvement in Adam Schulhof's Take Back The Specialty project.
Here is a glimpse of what you will learn
- What made Mari get interested in becoming an entrepreneur
- Why an entrepreneur should join Mari's list
- Do orthodontists pay different fees to the same vendors?
- How Mari is curating other products orthodontists need in their practices through Mari's List
- What Mari has learned over the years and what she's doing differently today compared to when she got started
- Mari talks about members of Mari's List who are not orthodontists and the kind of discounts offered
- How Mari's List helps doctors and orthodontists in their practices
- How being an entrepreneur has made Mari more sympathetic to the challenges orthodontists face in running their practices
- What is the future of Mari's List?
- Companies that Mari is excited to have on Mari's List
- Mari talks about her involvement in the Take Back The Specialty project by Adam Schulhof and how it works
- Lightning round with Mari Sawtelle Dunn
- What Mari is passionate about in life other than Mari's list
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Retainer Club
- Mari's List
- Mari's List on Facebook
- Emma Gets Braces by Dr. Baron Hall
- Take Back The Specialty by Adam Schulhof
- The 5 Languages of Love: The Secret to Love that Lasts
Sponsor for this Episode
This episode is brought to you by Retainer Club, the easiest way for orthodontists to provide their patients with perfectly fitting retainers at a great price, while also sending you a steady stream of new patients in your office who are actively interested in getting treatment.
Over 1000 patients already love Retainer Club and are using it's easy to use online services to regularly order and replace the retainers without the need to bother their offices.
Orthodontists love Retainer Club because they feel confident that the smiles they created are being maintained for life and that their long term fans continue to refer new patients to their offices. To learn more about becoming a Retainer Club partner and to bring in more patients go to https://retainerclub.com/partner.