Growing a Company to a Billion Dollar Valuation in 3 years, Testifying in Senate, Raising $200 Million, and Getting Interviewed by The Wall Street Journal
Craig Weiss is the co-host of the In Your Face Podcast. Together with his co-host and business partner, Dr. Blair Feldman, they were able to help orthodontists build their own practice and scale up consumer business to over a $1-billion valuation.
Craig is a serial entrepreneur who has founded or co-founded half a dozen companies. Today he is the Co-Founder and CEO of Retainer Club and The Mouthguard Club which are subscription healthcare businesses that manufacture 3-D printed custom retainers, mouth guards, and night guards.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll learn:
- What service Retainer Club can provide for their clients
- The unorthodox entrepreneurial journey of Craig
- What Craig gained from the book, Thinking Fast and Slow, that he applied in his life
- How Craig started a hedge fund and why it’s important to maintain control over your own company
- The things Craig learned from his friend-turned-mentor, Ellie
- How Craig defeated FDA in the federal court and helped create a whole new category for the electronic nicotine delivery field
- The opportunity that Craig saw in the public healthcare system
- How Craig met his partner, Dr. Blair Feldman, and how the idea for the Retainer Club came about
- Where people can learn more about The Retainer Club and the Mouthguard Club
In this episode…
Craig Weiss has been on both ends of the entrepreneurial spectrum: on one end, being down in the dumps and seeing their family business on the brink of collapse, and on the other, being able to bring his business to a billion-dollar valuation.
Craig’s entrepreneurial journey is both unorthodox and incredibly challenging and while the path wasn’t so easy, it has led him to become the Co-Founder and CEO of The Retainer Club and The Mouthguard Club. And for him, all the things that happened to him from his childhood, from being a Philosophy major, to being a lawyer and an entrepreneur all helped him in becoming the successful man that he is today.
In this episode, Craig shares his story of failures and triumphs as he gets interviewed by Dr. Jeremy Weisz of Rise25. Tune in to learn more about what it was like for him to take over and have control over his family business, how he was able to take on the FDA in the electronic nicotine delivery field, and what his company can do for you and your orthodontic practice.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- The Retainer Club
- The Mouthguard Club
- Craig Weiss on LinkedIn
- Dr. Blair Feldman on LinkedIn
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- In Your Face Podcast
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by The Mouthguard Club and The Retainer Club. Both services help drive new patients, reactivations, and referrals to your orthodontic office. The Mouthguard club provides personalized custom mouthguards that are perfectly fitted to your teeth. You can fully customize the design and even put your team logo on it.
The Retainer Club is the easiest way for orthodontists to provide their patients with perfectly fitting retainers at a great price, while also sending you a steady stream of new patients in your office who are actively interested in getting treatment. Over 1000 patients already love Retainer Club and use it's easy to use online services to regularly order and replace the retainers without the need to bother their offices.
Orthodontists love Retainer Club because they feel confident that the smiles they created are being maintained for life and that their long term fans continue to refer new patients to their offices. To learn more about becoming a Retainer Club partner and to bring in more patients go to https://retainerclub.com/partner.